Maus d'amour
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -20%
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 ...
Voir le deal
79 €

Maus from Finland

+8
SILMARIL
phcl
Aby
tanissounette
Pascale
dhallepee
Félix
Heidi
12 participants

Page 2 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Empty Re: Maus from Finland

Message par Félix Mar 2 Mar 2010 - 21:29

Wonderfull deux fois !!!!!
Félix
Félix
Admin
Admin

http://www.mau-egyptien.fr

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par SILMARIL Mar 2 Mar 2010 - 23:04

So nice and lovely !!!
SILMARIL
SILMARIL
Admin
Admin

Message par munoz Mer 3 Mar 2010 - 21:20

ÂAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!
fou fou fou
munoz
munoz
grand champion international
grand champion international

http://bernard.munoz16.perso.sfr.fr/

Message par Mauno Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 8:29

Hello from Finland, from a new user! (Thanks Marc for inviting me!)

I have two neutered Mau boys, Mauno (silver) and Eppu (smoke). Mauno is 2 years 2 months and Eppu 1 year 2 months.

Here is Mauno, FIN*Chai-lai Sethos Adofo. Mauno's mother is an import from USA.

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Mauno_AE3

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Mauno_AE2

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Mauno_AE1

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Raitamauno

Mauno is a lean athletic type (at 5,1 kg) and really playful. He likes toys, running, climbing, wrestling with Eppu and is also very loving towards me. A little distant for visitors, but by no means shy - he just doesn't care. He likes outdoors, we go to a small park on a leash. He is an absolute beauty, but very sensitive towards smells and especially the smells of other cats and therefore he doesn't go to shows. We've tried and he's impossible to handle. Shame, as I think he'd do well. But he's very loved at home, and that's all that matters. As for health, he's been fairly healthy, but we've had allergy problems and he's been diagnosed allergic to soya, egg, corn, rice and salmon - especially rice is a problem as it can be found in almost all foods. Of course he's also very picky, to make it more difficult for the staff... Smile

And here is Eppu, PR FIN*Iltavilli Ebi Ehteshaam. Eppu's father is an import from USA, living in Sweden in a Swedish cattery S*Erendel.

At 4 months:

Maus from Finland - Page 2 4pv2

At one year his colour has darkened so that he's almost black, although the pattern can be seen in good light and right angle. The undercoat is still white, so in that sense the smoke colour is good, only the contrast is minimal.

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Eppu_1v

Maus from Finland - Page 2 AE6

Eppu is heavy built, not fat but muscular and well, just heavy - 5,85 kg at the age of 1. He's not as active and playful as Mauno by temper, but of course takes part in the wrestling games and running around. He has the biggest heart ever, is very loving and cuddly. He's the more sociable of the two, although a bit shy towards new things, especially going out of the house. He doesn't like travelling, suffers of minor motion sickness, but when at the destination, he's calm and relaxed. He doesn't mind other cats, and has been behaving very nicely so we have been to shows as well, and he's a Premier now. He has a good body, very nice type and superb personality - it's just that the coat is too dark. Eppu has been very healthy and is a big eater, especially when it comes to raw meat.

I write a blog about the boys, sorry about the language, it's probably completely gibberish to most of you, but at least you can look at the pictures!
http://maukuja.blogspot.com/

The links to the breeders' sites:
Mauno's breeder FIN*Chai-lai (they also breed Korat and Singapura): http://www.freewebs.com/chailai1/
Eppu's breeder FIN*Iltavilli: http://www.iltavilli.net/
These are the two active Mau breeders in Finland, there are a couple of new registered breeders, but they don't have kittens in their catteries yet. Both breed silver and smoke. There are about 60-70 Maus in Finlad at the moment.

This is the link to the Finnish Mau Association: http://www.egyptinmau.net/

And if you like to take a look at Finnish Maus in shows (most of the shows in Finland are FIFé shows, CFA and TICA have only arrived in Finland lately and started to organise shows - that's why also most of the breeders are FIFé registered), there is a photographer that takes photos at the shows and puts them in a gallery, the MAU section is here: http://www.heikkisiltala.com/galleries/ems/mau.html

And contrary to what Heidi said in the beginning of this thread, we actually have one black Mau in Finland, and she has produced a litter of three with a bronze Mau (very pale, born from silver parents) and one kitten in that litter has a very strong classic tabby pattern - this litter was registered in CFA. This breeder is the only one in Finland to breed bronze, and actually Mauno's sister has now met with her bronze male and babies are expected in a couple of weeks.

Mauno
chaton
chaton

Message par markachat Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 10:46

Moi Sari !

Welcome on board and thank you for all those details and informations.
Nice pictures here again Wink
I hope you will enjoy your stay.

Marc
markachat
markachat
grand champion d'europe
grand champion d'europe

http://photo.markinho.fr/Mau-egyptien/

Message par Invité Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 12:09

welcome Mauno, hoping you will enjoy your time with us!
it is very interesting to know that there are black Maus and bronze in Finland too!!!
do you think you could give us a debriefing about them? where they come from etc.. and can I twist your arm to put some pictures too?!
I really like the ones of the Black Smoke you have put, it seems to me that the darkness of its coat reveals even more the mystical feel & appearance of the black smoke, it's great love

Dernière édition par Patrick le Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 19:48, édité 1 fois

Invité
Invité

Message par Mauno Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 12:36

Hello Patrick, and thank you for welcoming me (and to Marc too).

I'm afraid I can't give you much information on the bronze and black Maus in Finland, as the lady having them is not active on the Mau scene. She has a registered FIFé cattery and as far as I know, one litter of bronze Maus was born a year and a half ago and she also owns this black Mau (Djet De L'Arbre Perche) but due to the FIFé breeding rules the litter with that one was registered by another breeder under CFA (where breeding with black is allowed) and that produced three kittens, with the one having this strong classic tabby pattern - unfortunately sold to a minor celebrity here and by her, presented as an Egyptian Mau in the press (with tabby pattern, oh well... - pictured here in an magazine article: http://www.iltalehti.fi/viihde/200907189948551_vi.shtml). This is the breeder's web page: http://www.elisanet.fi/hannele.arantola/. As far as I know these are the only bronzes in Finland, and this black one is the only black one imported to Finland. I could be wrong, though, but as the Mau community here is so small, this is at least the assumption there's no others. Unless someone has imported one for a pet and is not showing or breeding and has no contact with the ones breeding or showing.

My Eppu is indeed a very dark black smoke Mau, and the pattern is barely visible, but as the coat is very dark, almost black, he looks really shiny and glossy. Like a black panther in his muscular look. Cool The texture of his coat is very silky and it has always been in a very good and shiny condition. The eye colour is still developing, and a bit yellow still, but at some light and mood it shows really nice goosberry twist, so I hope later it will turn very nice when he grows.

Dernière édition par Mauno le Mar 15 Juin 2010 - 18:01, édité 1 fois

Mauno
chaton
chaton

Message par Félix Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 15:08

Bienvenue parmi nous (par Minou).
Félix
Félix
Admin
Admin

Message par dhallepee Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 19:17

Huvää Päivää

bienvenue parmi nous
dhallepee
dhallepee
grand champion d'europe
grand champion d'europe

http://fondcombe.com

Message par SILMARIL Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 19:59

Bienvenue à vous !
C'est un plaisir de vous recevoir parmi nous !
Désolée, je n'écris pas anglais !
SILMARIL
SILMARIL
Admin
Admin

Message par Mauno Dim 6 Juin 2010 - 20:15

Merci et bonjour! (and that's just about what I can remember of my French lessons) Smile

Mauno
chaton
chaton

Message par Mauno Mar 15 Juin 2010 - 18:15

We took a trip to Cesis, Latvia last weekend with the Iltavilli E-trio and their great grandma Kiija and all of them have new titles now.

Eppu is International Premier now, and took the bus trip very easy. As always. He's a laid back guy.

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Cesis2010_22

His brother Emir is now International Champion and just as good traveller.

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Cesis2010_18

And the little princess, the boys's sister Enna, is also an International Champion. She was very interested in the Latvian scenery.

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Cesis2010_19

Kiija (IP & CH (FIFé) & PR (CFA) Kiyaa du Chamania) was the grand old lady and star of the group, she was Nominated on both Saturday and Sunday and was BIS on Saturday, on Sunday we had to leave before the panel to catch the last ferry back home, so there was a chance for double BIS, but we'll never know... Wink

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Cesis2010_9

Mauno
chaton
chaton

Message par markachat Mar 15 Juin 2010 - 21:55

I just saw the pictures on your blog, did not understood much. Now I feel better Laughing
It sounds like a great adventure for the cats. Congratulations for the new titles bravo
markachat
markachat
grand champion d'europe
grand champion d'europe

http://photo.markinho.fr/Mau-egyptien/

Message par Félix Mar 15 Juin 2010 - 22:08

Après avoir vu le blog, on regrette de ne pas avoir participer à cette aventure.
Félix
Félix
Admin
Admin

Message par Invité Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 14:08

brilliant results congratulations to all!
these are beautiful cats and so cool !!!
I like Enna very much. this said the other two are as lovely!!!
thanks for keeping us posted

Invité
Invité

Message par Mauno Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 15:05

To me, Enna is the most beautiful black smoke Mau I've seen, and I'm happy to own her brother. She is an adorable little princess, who hopefully will turn out to be a real queen. She's planned to have babies next winter.

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Enna

My Mauno is the most beautiful silver Mau to me, and the most beautiful cat in the world - but my opinion in that is very much partial. Cool He doesn't show, as he doesn't like other cats (apart from Eppu) and is the best anyway. He stayed home.

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Kirpparipose2

In short, we made the trip to Latvia to get the international certificates to move to next class (in FIFé). It was an organised bus trip (other cats and owners on board as well, apart from the top presentation of our four Maus). We took a ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn, Estonia Friday afternoon and arrived in Sigulda, Northern Latvia late Friday night to stay over. In the morning we drove to Cesis, where the show was. Two days show, 300+ cats each day. Came back late Sunday night on the last ferry, a pity we had to leave before the BIS panels on Sundays, as Kiija was nominated and could've very possibly get a BIS on Sunday too.

Mauno
chaton
chaton

Message par Invité Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 15:17

she's really stunning indeed
could I troubled you in asking to describe a bit of how a show is done in Latvia or even in Finland if different!
do you bring the cats to the judges or do they come to see the cats!
it must have been a great trip over any nice pictures???
thanks

Invité
Invité

Message par Mauno Mer 16 Juin 2010 - 16:41

The show was a FIFé show, and went pretty much according to the rules - apart from little "bending" here and there, and just like the shows in Finland are, only we seem to play a bit more strict by the book.

The cats were presented to the judge by the owner, and as in Finland we usually obey the rules that only one person presents the cat and is to be by the judge's table, there there sometimes seemed to be a whole family, with some friends too. Smile

In the panels the cats are presented by the stewards, who seemed a bit unfamiliar of handling the cats, some were presented pretty wrong (like Kiija in the BIS panel, presented in lap like Burmese, no stretching like Maus should be) and some seemed very young (minimun age should be 15).

The locals and from nearby countries (Lithuania, Russia, Estonia) seemed very keen on rosettes and had decorated the cages with the cats' earlier rosettes from different shows, the bigger the better, but also some plain EX1 rosettes, trophies, plates etc, whereas this is not the case in Finland, only the rosettes from that show are put on the cages (and I think the rules say this as well). We even saw one lady wearing a rosette from Saturday at the judging on Sunday around her neck... Rolling Eyes

The show started with the vet's exam and then we got the numbers. There were cages ready, but a lot of people had a portable cage with them and there was a real variety of different shapes, sizes and colours. And decorations. The show was a "euro-style" ie the cages in rings with the owners inside the ring and audience walking outside, so the cages were open on two sides. The judging started at about 10 am and the panels at about 5 pm. Around that was the "issue of diplomas" which is the delivery of the judging notes, whereas in Finnish shows they are given out during all day, as soon as judging is finished and stewards take them to the clerks.

There are some images in my blog at http://maukuja.blogspot.com/2010/06/kansainvalinen-pr-mies.html and also in Eppu's breeder's blog Iltavilli (owner of Enna and Kiija and co-owner of Emir): http://iltavilli.vuodatus.net/blog/2538618/cesis-11-14-6-2010/
The text is in Finnish.

Mauno
chaton
chaton

Message par Invité Jeu 17 Juin 2010 - 13:49

Thank you so much Mauno, visiting the two blogs we can see quite a lot of photos about this cat shows and this is very interesting to me!
the view in the hall especially!!!

I am also quite amazed by the cats behavious on the coach!!!!
seeing them off their boxes, peacefull like that, is quite a picture really!!!

Do you train them especially for that?? and if yes, how do you go about it?!

Mine are Car users friendly but in their boxes only!!! well mainly because I never thought of travelling with them off their boxes!
do you use harnesses as well!!

Invité
Invité

Message par Mauno Jeu 17 Juin 2010 - 15:17

They are not specially trained to travel outside their boxes, actually I think this was the first time in a bus for all of them. My Eppu has travelled in a train several times and I usually take him out of the box as he is very much a lap cat and dislikes his box. I don't use harness or leash while travelling, as he is very relaxed and stays in lap or next to me, opposite to Mauno, who I would never take out of the box without a leash, as he is very active and athletic.

This was about 5 hours by bus, so taking the out of the boxes was very relaxing for them, and Eppu spent about half of the trip in my lap, half in his box sleeping.

In a car I wouldn't take them out of the box, well maybe Eppu if I was sitting in the back seat myself, as it's a bit more dangerous than in train or back of the bus.

But I have to say, this is a very well and relaxed behaving litter in total, very confident and calm with their own people.

Mauno
chaton
chaton

Message par Mauno Dim 4 Sep 2011 - 22:56

Hello again all!

I'm back to let you know that a first black smoke mau boy has got the highest title in FIFé shows in Finland, my Eppu, FI*Iltavilli Ebi Ehteshaam is now Supreme Premier! bravo

He graduated two weeks ago in Tallinn, Estonia. We also visited Jelgava, Latvia to get the international certificates, earlier this summer and I had some photos shot there by a local photographer Tessa. He was a bit dazed at the photoshoot, so the eyes are more round than when relaxed and also the posing is a bit tense.

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Eppu2

The side image shows his muscular body (6 kg of muscles) he's been credited for.

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Eppu5b

As said earlier, Eppu is very dark, almost black, and the spots are hardly visible. However, he has a very good smoke colour, the undercoat is very good silver. Luckily the FIFé standard is a bit loose on the wording of smoke mau spots, so he has got his certificates fairly easily.

Mostly he's been appraised for his muscular body, shiny coat and super easy temper in shows. He's very relaxed on the judging table as well as in his box, this photo is from yesterday's show in Tampere, Finland where he got HP and was also nominated by the judge Charles Spijker-Schukin (NL).

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Pirok11_2

This is Eppu travelling through the Baltics on our way back home from Latvia on a bus:

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Jelgava3

Otherwise we've had a very lazy and hot summer. Hope you too!

Maus from Finland - Page 2 Pokkoa3

Mauno
chaton
chaton

Message par tanissounette Lun 5 Sep 2011 - 9:53

Congratulations ! He's a gorgeous boy, and quite "zen" as travelling as it seems Wink
The summer was not so hot in the South of France but quite lazy too !
tanissounette
tanissounette
champion du monde
champion du monde

Message par Aby Lun 5 Sep 2011 - 20:17

bravo
Aby
Aby
champion du monde
champion du monde