Maus d'amour
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 couverts – L60cm
279.99 € 390.99 €
Voir le deal

Pharaonic mau and Indian mau, the 2 sides of the bronze

5 participants

Page 2 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant

Pharaonic mau and Indian mau, the 2 sides of the bronze - Page 2 Empty Re: Pharaonic mau and Indian mau, the 2 sides of the bronze

Message par phcl Ven 8 Jan 2010 - 20:33

Hello Christelle,

My purpose in entering into discussion on the subject of Bronze Colour was to support the Bronze Egyptian Mau. No other colour has been subjected to so much ridicule as the Bronze Mau in France. this ridicule has done much to damage the colour Bronze and has done nothing to promote The Egyptian Mau as a Breed.
I have tried to expose the nonsense of this Ridicule. I do not think I have succeeded.

My Best Wishes to you all

Peter
phcl
phcl
champion
champion

http://www.geniemau.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Pharaonic mau and Indian mau, the 2 sides of the bronze - Page 2 Empty Re: Pharaonic mau and Indian mau, the 2 sides of the bronze

Message par Félix Ven 8 Jan 2010 - 21:11

Quelle est la race de ce chat ?
Pharaonic mau and Indian mau, the 2 sides of the bronze - Page 2 Bengal10
Félix
Félix
Admin
Admin

http://www.mau-egyptien.fr

Message par phcl Ven 8 Jan 2010 - 22:36

I think it says BENGAL!! felix..... probably. 60% mau and 40% anything else you fancy.

Peter
phcl
phcl
champion
champion

Message par Invité Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 10:07

J'entends parfaitement ce que vous dites Peter sur la situation du Mau bronze mais c'était avant et surtout pour des raisons louables.
Aujourd'hui qu'en est 'il ?
A mon sens, et je rejoins Didier à 100% là dessus nous ne devrions plus parler de mau égyptien et de mau indien mais plus d'admettre qu'il y a une palette de couleur plus ou moins intense .
En CFA, vous recherchez la couleur la plus forte, ce que moi j'appellerai du "surtype" .Certains de vos chats ont une très jolie couleur mais ont quelque chose qui me laisse perplexe: un air courroucé dû à une remontée de noir ou brun trés foncé sur la quasi totalité du museau...qui leur donne un air à la Bengal!!
En LOOF, nous recherchons, je recherche une couleur dorée faisant ressortir le plus possible les spots tout en gardant cet air "timide" du Mau.
Naruto, votre splendide petit mâle est pour moi un très beau chat.

Plus concrètement, je souhaiterai Peter vous soumettre un cas d'école:

Dans l'optique de renforcer ma couleur sur les descendants j'ai le choix de marier deux femelles mais ne pourrais faire qu'une seule saillie.
Entre une femelle de phénotype bronze assez soutenu (peu de sous poil gris) mais dont seule la mère est bronze et qui n'a donné que des chatons silver (avec un male silver)
ET
une femelle de phénotype bronze assez pâle mais de bon contraste avec un sous poil noir dont les deux parents sont bronze ainsi qu'une grand mère bronze.
L'une comme l'autre serait mariée à un mâle de phénotype bronze avec des ascendants tant bronze que silver mais avec Maslama et Sahouré derrière.

Peter, quel choix feriez-vous?
Continuons à échanger nos points de vue ,cela est intéressant .

Christelle

Invité
Invité

Message par Félix Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 10:20

J'ai vu dans les photos de Peter ainsi que dans une chatterie Allemande de très beau Bronze.
Cette notion de Mau Indien est une absurdité. La "Légendaire lignée Indienne" est un excès de langage.
L'avenir du Mau n'est pas dans la séparation des deux sous-types.
Félix
Félix
Admin
Admin

Message par Invité Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 14:48

bon je viens juste de rentrer alors pour les traductions..... un peu de patience s'il vous plait

well I've just come back home so for the translations..... be patient please

si problème de compréhension "blamez moi" et continuer à échanger pour le futur des maus ( bon...pas trop quand même ok§§) Mad

If problem of understanding "blame me" and carry on conversing for the sake of the mau's futur (well... don't go over board ok§§§) Mad

Dernière édition par Patrick le Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 18:47, édité 4 fois

Invité
Invité

Message par Invité Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 15:58

arbreperche a écrit:J'entends parfaitement ce que vous dites Peter sur la situation du Mau bronze mais c'était avant et surtout pour des raisons louables.
Aujourd'hui qu'en est 'il ?
A mon sens, et je rejoins Didier à 100% là dessus nous ne devrions plus parler de mau égyptien et de mau indien mais plus d'admettre qu'il y a une palette de couleur plus ou moins intense .
En CFA, vous recherchez la couleur la plus forte, ce que moi j'appellerai du "surtype" .Certains de vos chats ont une très jolie couleur mais ont quelque chose qui me laisse perplexe: un air courroucé dû à une remontée de noir ou brun trés foncé sur la quasi totalité du museau...qui leur donne un air à la Bengal!!
En LOOF, nous recherchons, je recherche une couleur dorée faisant ressortir le plus possible les spots tout en gardant cet air "timide" du Mau.
Naruto, votre splendide petit mâle est pour moi un très beau chat.

Plus concrètement, je souhaiterai Peter vous soumettre un cas d'école:

Dans l'optique de renforcer ma couleur sur les descendants j'ai le choix de marier deux femelles mais ne pourrais faire qu'une seule saillie.
Entre une femelle de phénotype bronze assez soutenu (peu de sous poil gris) mais dont seule la mère est bronze et qui n'a donné que des chatons silver (avec un male silver)
ET
une femelle de phénotype bronze assez pâle mais de bon contraste avec un sous poil noir dont les deux parents sont bronze ainsi qu'une grand mère bronze.
L'une comme l'autre serait mariée à un mâle de phénotype bronze avec des ascendants tant bronze que silver mais avec Maslama et Sahouré derrière.

Peter, quel choix feriez-vous?
Continuons à échanger nos points de vue ,cela est intéressant .

Christelle

Traduction/translation
I hear perfectly what Peters said about the situation with the bronze Mau but that was at the beginning and (this was done) for good reason.
But one wonders about today's situation?
According to me (and I Am with Didier 100% on this one), we should no longer talk about Egyptian Mau and Indian Mau but rather admit that there is just a palette of colours either less or more intense.
In the CFA, you look for the strongest colours what I would call "surtype". Some of your cats have a very nice colour but there is some thing that leave me perplexed : The face has a fierce air(look) due to the increasing in the black or dark brown over the whole of the muzzle, giving them a look similar to the Bengal.

In the LOOF our research, I’m searching for a gold colour that would bring forwards the spots markings but still keeping the timid expres​sion(typical) of the Mau.
Your splendid male cat NARUTO is for me very beautiful.

More to the point Peter I would like to submit a case study to you :
With the idea to reinforce my colour on the descendants I have the choice to marry two females but in this case can only choose one to be serviced .
1 female of bronze phenotype quite strong (a little grey hair on the undercoat) but only her mother was bronze and at this time she only had silver kittens (with a male silver)
&/or
A female bronze phenotype quite pale but with good markings and an undercoat black, both her parents were bronze and so her grand mother.
Both of these females could be married to a male bronze who has a bronze and silver ancestry but that comes from the blood line of Maslama and Sahouré.

If it was you Peter, what would be your choice?

Let's continue to exchange points of view as it's interesting (to all)

Christelle

Dernière édition par Patrick le Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 16:07, édité 1 fois

Invité
Invité

Message par Invité Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 16:00

Félix a écrit:J'ai vu dans les photos de Peter ainsi que dans une chatterie Allemande de très beau Bronze.
Cette notion de Mau Indien est une absurdité. La "Légendaire lignée Indienne" est un excès de langage.
L'avenir du Mau n'est pas dans la séparation des deux sous-types.
traduction/translation

I have seen in Peter's photos as well as some from a German cattery some very beautiful bronze.
This notion of an Indian mau is (quite) absurd. The "legendary Indian line" is just an excess of language (I think).
The future of the MAU is not down to the separation of two "subtypes".

Invité
Invité

Message par phcl Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 18:42

Hello Christelle,

For obvous reasons I would choose he second mating.

As for your reference to the Bengal I repeat.The Bengal was bred using the Egyptian Mau as the main ingredient of the breed. A mau can not look like a Bengal.!!!!

Peter
phcl
phcl
champion
champion

Message par Invité Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 19:20

For obvous reasons I would choose he second mating.
As for your reference to the Bengal I repeat.The Bengal was bred using the Egyptian Mau as the main ingredient of the breed. A mau can not look like a Bengal.!!!!

Pour des raisons évidentes la deuxième proposition serait plus mon choix!
pour la référence faite sur le Bengal je répète. Le bengal fut créé grace au Mau Egyptien et en est la base de cette race. Un Mau ne peut donc pas ressembler à un Bengal

On this line, there is no misunderstanding neither disagreement Peter, history is there to prove it!!BUT apart from the breeders & the fans of Maus, who else knows it!!!
One has to remember that the Bengal (at list) in France is very well established, is on the top of the ladder and so far has all the glory with the public!!! )
the point I'm trying to make is, what should be done to make sure that our bronzes Maus do not continue to be confused and no longer takes a second position to the Bengal in the public eyes should be more what should be tackled/addressed don't you think ?

this is of course my personnal opinion only!

Sur ce point, il n'y a ni mécompréhention ni désaccord Peter, l'histoire est là pour le prouver! ceci dit, mis à part les éleveurs et les fans de maus qui d'autres la connait /s'en rappelle!
On doit se rappeler que le Bengal (au moins en France) est bien établi, est tout en haut de l'échelle et pour le moment a toute la gloire du public!!!
ce que j'essaye de dire est que devrions nous faire pour que nos maus bronzes ne soient plus continuellement comparé au Bengal ne soit plus en deuxième position derrière lui me semble plus ce que le monde des Maus devrait faire face, ne pensez-vous pas!
ceci n'est que mon opinion personnelle bien sur

Dernière édition par Patrick le Dim 10 Jan 2010 - 12:26, édité 3 fois

Invité
Invité

Message par dhallepee Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 20:57

Félix a écrit:La "Légendaire lignée Indienne" est un excès de langage.
(the legendary indian line is an excess of language)

Parfaitement d'accord. Après près de 30 ans cette lignée est parfaitement diluée dans le pool général.
(perfectly right. After nearly 30 years, this line is completely diluted in the ma genetic pool)
dhallepee
dhallepee
grand champion d'europe
grand champion d'europe

http://fondcombe.com

Message par phcl Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 21:17

Hello Patrick.
Education is the tool and a good looking mau to compete against the Bengals. Ghaniya will beat most Bengals in the Show ring.

Peter
phcl
phcl
champion
champion

Message par dhallepee Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 22:31

perfectly right
dhallepee
dhallepee
grand champion d'europe
grand champion d'europe

Message par phcl Dim 10 Jan 2010 - 18:00

Hello Everyone,

I Totaly agree with Felix. I certainly would not descrbe the Indian Line as "Ledgendary".

Peter
phcl
phcl
champion
champion

Message par Invité Dim 10 Jan 2010 - 21:34

Bonsoir à tous,
quel plaisir de voir que nous communiquons sur le Mau malgré la barrière linguistique, malgré les différences de goûts ?
Quel bonheur pour moi tout particulièrement de lire tous ces post sur le bronze, moi qui en 2007 ai eu la joie immense de voir à une spéciale de race une femelle bronze ( issue du mariage bronze-bronze): Chiara de l'arbre perché être sacrée plus beau chat, distinction presque réitérée en Allemagne ? Merci encore Marylène de l'avoir si bien présentée.
Nos discussions, me semble t'il nous permettent d'avancer très vite, tant mieux.
Donc:
Plus de lignée indienne et égyptienne?
soit!
Plus de bronze chaud et froid?
soit!
Il ne reste plus qu'à travailler ensemble alors pour réduire la consanguinité, retirer de la reproduction des chats trop timides ou agressifs ou...
Le reste est finalement une affaire de regard, d'appréciation, de goût...
Le LOOF semble apprécier en exposition des chats bronze très chauds , chose dont ils ne voulaient pas entendre parler lors de la dernière réunion de commission des standards...SOIT ALORS QU'ILS FASSENT ÉVOLUER LE STANDARD!
Après chacun, chacune est libre de sélectionner, d'apprécier le chat de ses rêves n'est ce pas?

Personnellement je ne redirai qu'une seule chose: un bronze est un chat génétiquement bronze, idem pour le silver, idem pour le smoke...Nous avons donc du travail.
Le noir peut servir à chacune des autres couleurs, je suis donc une fois de plus heureuse d'être la première en France à garder une femelle de cette couleur...
Bien cordialement à tous les fanas de mau quelque soit leur couleur!!!

Traduction :

Good evening to all
It is a pleasure to see that we can communicate on the bronze mau despite of the language barriers, and despite of the differences of tastes!
It is a Pleasure especially for me to read so manu post on the bronze, as I had the pleasure to see one of my female (bronze-bronze) “Chiara de l’Arbre Perché” being enthroned the best in show in 2007, a credit that was renewed in Germany (stuggart)? Thanks to Marylène for presenting her to these cat shows.
Our discussions seem to me that we are quickly moving forward and that is a plus!

So= No more Indian Line?
Ok

No more cold or Hot couloured bronze?
Ok

All that is left for us to do now is to reduce the inbreeding, to eliminate form the stock cats that are too timid or aggressive or….

For the rest it is only a question of look, appreciation and tests….

The LOOF seems to appreciate (now) the bronze of hot colours, thing that it did not want to talk a about at the last commission meeting on the standards…. OK THEREOFRE IT SHOULD MAKE IT’S STANDARDS MOVE FORWARD (evaluate,/alter/change)§§

After that each one of us, will be free to select and appreciate the cat of one’s dream don’t you think?

Personnaly, I would only add one more thing, a bronze is a cat that is genetically bronze, it’s the same for the Silver, the same for the Smoke…. A lot of works lay ahead of us!!!

The black Mau could be used for each of these colours, I am quite please to be the first one in France to have kept this colour …

All the best to all the Mau fans what ever the colour!!!

Invité
Invité

Message par dhallepee Dim 10 Jan 2010 - 21:54

arbreperche a écrit:Le LOOF semble apprécier en exposition des chats bronze très chauds , chose dont ils ne voulaient pas entendre parler lors de la dernière réunion de commission des standards...SOIT ALORS QU'ILS FASSENT ÉVOLUER LE STANDARD!

C'est vrai que le loof n'applique toujours ses standards.
Les juges se déplacent beaucoup à l'étranger et doivent appliquer des standards différents. D'où des incohérences.

L'acceptation du rufus chez le bronze au sein du Loof est une possibilité qui doit être étudiée avec pragmatisme et prudence.

En tant que club de race, l'AIME a la possibilité de demander des évolutions du standard.

En ce qui me concerne, je suis très attaché au bronze pharaonique mais reste ouvert à l'avis général, et en particulier à celui de Christelle, notre seule éleveuse de bronze.

Traduction :

( Arbre Perché wrote ):" The LOOF seems to appreciate the Maus bronze with a hotter colour, thing that it did not want to hear at the last commission on standards… OK OK So why not make these standards move forward "

It is true to say that the LOOF does not always apply/(comply to) the standards. Things that does create incoherence’s.

To take the rufus input into consideration in the bronze within the Loof is a possibility which has to be studied with pragmatism and cautiousness !

As a breed club, the AIME has the possibility to ask that the standards may evaluate.

As to myself, I am very much attached to the Pharaonic/pharos bronze but stay open mind to the general views and especially to Christelle’s our only bronze breeder

Dernière édition par dhallepee le Lun 11 Jan 2010 - 20:59, édité 2 fois
dhallepee
dhallepee
grand champion d'europe
grand champion d'europe

Message par Félix Dim 10 Jan 2010 - 22:08

Je ne crois pas qu'il soit opportun de changer quoique ce soit pour l'instant. Il y a du travail à faire.
C'est bien identifié. Je ne pense pas qu'un changement soit opportun pour l'instant. J'ai vu dans une chatterie Anglaise dont je n'ai pas retenu le nom, des chats tout à fait intéressanst. Ce qui permet de penser que le choix du "rouge" n'est pas général. J'ai vu aussi des chats "rouge" dont le visage ne correspond pas à ce que nous recherchons. Il y a aussi une question: les éleveurs qui travaillent le "rouge" sont-ils tellement satisfait de leurs résultats ?

Traduction :

I do not think that it is opportune to change anything at this time. There is work to do first.
It is well identified (known ?!). I do not think that making changes would be opportune now. I have seen in an English Cattery (the name I cannot remember), some very interesting cats. Some thing that could permit/bring us to thinking is that the red/cupper colour choice is not a general one. I have also seen some Re/cupper cats which had a face that do not correspond to what we are aiming at.
There is also an a question to ask: are the breeders specialised in the red/cupper colour satisfied with the result?
Félix
Félix
Admin
Admin

Message par phcl Dim 10 Jan 2010 - 22:22

Hello Christelle.
Wonderfull! Wonderfull!
The Bronze Mau First. Personal preferences second. I sincerely hope that all Bronze Breeders can work together to Promote these Magnificent Animals.

Thank you
Peter
phcl
phcl
champion
champion

Message par phcl Dim 10 Jan 2010 - 22:33

Oh Dear!! I spoke too soon.

Didier
There are Two Bronze Breeders in France!!
and it seems that thier opinion is not relevant to this discussion.

Felix
Why is change for the Best interests of the Bronze Breeders in France so very difficult?
Peter
phcl
phcl
champion
champion

Message par Invité Dim 10 Jan 2010 - 22:35

Felix, il ne s'agit en aucun cas de tout changer...tu le sais bien.
Peter, comprenons nous bien: travailler ensemble pour l'avenir du Mau et, en ce qui nous concerne tous les deux, plus particulièrement la couleur bronze OUI mille fois OUI mais dans le respect de chaque travail individuel...Et donc de la couleur plus ou moins prononcée.
Que diriez-vous de surtout travailler sur la traçabilité des lignées grâce, entre autres à la filiation adn pratiquée depuis longtemps déjà par l'aime?Le feriez-vous?
Qu'en est il de votre côté des vaccinations, des test concernant le sida, la leucose etc...
Nous avons du travail à effectuer tous ensemble et je me réjouie de toutes ces discussions (rendues plus aisées grâce à notre ami Patrick) enfin possibles.

thanks to you Peter

christelle

Traduction :

Felix, I do not mean to change everything …. You know that very well.

Please Peter let us make sure we understand each other; to work together( in unity) for the future of the Mau bred is what concerns us both and especially the bronze colour, I say YES a 1000 time YES but in respect of the work of the individual… and therefore that the colour (might be) more or less pronounced!
Could you lets us know more about your vaccinations procedure , aids tests , leucose (enzootic vac) etc…
We have quite some work to do together (among the bronze breeders) and I’m glad of these discussions are finally possible (made easier thanks to our friend Patrick)

Merci Peter

Christelle

Invité
Invité

Message par Invité Dim 10 Jan 2010 - 22:54

Peter,
Marylène et moi même sommes avant tout des amies.
Marylène a acquis Chiara de l'arbre perché , fruit de mon travail puis deux femelles de chez Heiderose Horn en même temps que chantina tunaimi of natango.
J'ai été en discussion avec Heide puis, pour des "batailles de clocher" cela s'est terminé.
Certains auraient peut être plaisir à diviser pour mieux régner mais en ce qui me concerne cela ne m'a jamais intéressé.
Vous aimez un bronze très coloré, j'aime un bronze très contrasté.
Nous sommes tous deux éleveurs donc nous opérons des sélections sur le travail que nous faisons:nous avons besoin les uns des autres pour la santé de nos animaux mais aussi je crois pour ne pas tomber dans l'excès (si facile en élevage...)
Félix parle des problèmes éventuels rencontrés pour les bronze "rouge", question intéressante sur laquelle je pourrai rebondir pour parler du caractère des bronze "froids"...
Nous avons tous intérêt à travailler ensemble et à échanger. les standards, c'est autre chose et c'est à nous éleveurs de les faire évoluer dans le temps dans l'intérêt de la race mais AVEC HUMILITÉ ET PATIENCE, n'en déplaise à quelqu'un que j'apprécie beaucoup.
Christelle

Traduction :

Peter,

Marylene and I are friend most of all

Marylene has acquired Chiari from Arbre Perché,the fruit of my work and also two female from Heiderose Horn at the same time Chantina Tunaimi of Natango.
I was making future plans with Heide then due to “bataille de clocher(infighting), this had to end!

Some might find more pleasure to divide and conquer, as to myself this feud doesn’t interest me.

You like a bronze rich in colour, I like a bronze with good contrast.

The two of us are breeders and therefore we make choice(selections) to the we that we do, we all need each other for the health of our Maus, but also making sure we do not fall into excess (so easy to do in breeding [programs]…)

Felix was asking about the eventual problems that are found in the the bronze (red/cupper) colour maus, It is a very interesting question and I could also talk on the mau bronze “cold colour” temper…

We all have interest in working together and to share. As to the standards, it is an other matter, and it is up to us the breeders to make things move forward in the interest of the breed WITH HUMBLENESS AND PATIENCE, even if that does not please some one I know of and appreciate

Christelle

Invité
Invité

Message par phcl Lun 11 Jan 2010 - 13:18

Hello Christelle.

I entirely agree with you.
Nothing is gained from confrontation.

Peter

Traduction :

Hello Christelle, vous avez entièrement raison,
Personne ne gagne dans la confrontation
phcl
phcl
champion
champion

Message par phcl Lun 11 Jan 2010 - 14:59

Hi Christelle,
I am sending tis Which information you may find of interest.
Best wishes
Peter

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

ALBATROSS
PUBLICATIONS

PO Box 523
Horsham
West Sussex
RH12 4WL

Tel:
01293 871201

Fax:
01293 871301

VETS AND THE CAT SHOW SCENE
Vetting IN
at Cat Shows

Trevor Turner, B. Vet. Med., MRCVS

In the March / April issue I wrote about veterinary involvement with cat and dog shows and tried to answer the rhetorical question: Why is there still mandatory vetting-in at cat shows and yet this was discarded with dog shows years ago? The piece hopefully provided a brief, accurate, veterinary history of involvement with both cat and dog shows. I then concluded the piece explaining that the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy, perhaps more avant garde than the Kennel Club, acknowledged the efficacy of feline enteritis and cat flu vaccines very early on and made vaccination mandatory for acceptance of an entry for a show, but unlike the Kennel Club did not dispense with the mandatory vetting-in of all exhibits prior to entry to a show whereas, to this day, dog vaccination is not mandatory at KC sponsored shows and there is no vetting-in!

Continuing on the road recapitulation I then explained that this is basically due to the fact that cats can harbor potentially extremely serious immunosuppressant viruses, canine counterparts of which have, to date, not been isolated.

Is this, then, the reason why every exhibit at a GCCF show-controlled cat has to undergo mandatory vetting-in? Well, it is certainly one of the reasons for vetting-in but not by any means the only one. Vets officiating at shows held under GCCF license must follow specific guidelines issued by the Governing Council. It starts by explaining that you must attend at a suitable time to examine every exhibit before it is permitted to enter the show hall. Furthermore, the show manager, or in the case of larger shows, the veterinary organization, is issued with specific guidelines To ensure there are enough `vetting-in 'vets available so that all the entries can be seen by the vet ready for judging, usually by 10am. Two hours are usually allocated for vetting-in to shows with large exhibits are admitted from about 7.30 am or even earlier. If there are enough vets this means that about two minutes cat is allocated, from Which you will gather that this is not intended to be a thorough clinical veterinary examination. This can be difficult for newly-qualified veterinary surgeons, keen to become involved, but who in their emerging careers have had it hammered home that `instant 'diagnosis can result in disaster and they should never hurry a clinical examination.

The difference is, of course, that at vetting-in it is not a clinical examination to a veterinary inspection and if the vetting-in vet's suspicions are alerted by anything, the decision-maker is the duty vet Whose signature has to appear on any rejection slips. Within that 2 - 3 minutes the cat is passing through the vet's hands and eyes; time also has to be allocated to examine the vaccination certificate to make sure it is correct, up to date, and refers to the cat being examined. I find this often takes longer than the actual veterinary inspection Despite the fact that show personal help as much as they can by requesting that each exhibitor, at the time they pick up their envelopes containing passes, etc. Ensure they have their vaccination certificate to hand so that time is not lost while it is searched for at the vet's table. The show manager has GCCF To ensure that Section 5 rules concerning veterinary duties are available to every vet at the show.

Veterinary duties are spelled out very clearly ".

1. It states that veterinary surgeons officiating at shows Must Ensure as far as possible that no cat suffering from any infectious or contagious disease or from infection with endoparasites or ectoparasites is admitted to the show hall.

2. Any queens that are pregnant, lactating or have Had kittens within the previous twelve months must be rejected.

3. Male cats over nine months must have both testes descended into the scrotum.

4. Cats which show obvious signs of lack of attention to hygiene or in the opinion of the veterinary surgeon are in an unfit condition to be shown must be rejected.

Then there is the advice regarding inspection of the vaccination certificates already referred to. If the vetting-in vet has any concerns and feels that rejection is necessary under one of the sections A ¬ D, the duty vet has to be called, Whose job is it to make the final decision. Remember this all has to be carried out in two or three minutes! Thus careful clinical examination is clearly "is neither expected nor possible. What is necessary is to have feline experience to run a trained eye and trained hands over the animal and if you have any doubts, call the duty vet.

Nonetheless at the Majority of championship shows, vetting-in is by no means a piece of cake, nor, I would add, is it for the exhibitor! However, exhibitors still have experienced a feeling of trepidation when waiting to be vetted-in. I know, as an exhibitor Because I still have to undergo the process even if I am vetting-in at the show. I well recall one occasion when one of my cats was Rejected Because at vetting-in live fleas were found. That was actually doubly embarrassing for me because at that particular show I was also the duty vet! No, I wasn ¹ t GCCF breaking any rules, I can exhibit my cats even if I am officiating in an official capacity, provided the cat does not have something Which bans entry to the show completely. Nevertheless, fleas on the duty vet's exhibit is perhaps not giving out the right message but this just shows how things have changed. A couple of decades ago, at any large championship show, we always saw a number of cats with fleas Despite the fact that the owners, I am sure, had "de-flead" them only the night before. Today it is very rare at vetting-in to find a cat that has any evidence of fleas. Such is the efficacy of modern flea preparations.

Once vetting-in is completed, at about 9.30 - 10 am, all the vets are free to leave except one, the duty vet, who has to remain.

What is the role of the duty vet?

GCCF Decrees that the duty vet must remain at least until 1 pm and 4 pm preferably. In addition the show manager must Obtain full details of a local veterinary practice who consents to treat emergencies which can not be Dealt with at show.

The duty vet treats any emergencies that may occur during the show. Not uncommonly, Particularly at summer shows, cats will get distressed for a variety of reasons. Often this is Because of an increase in temperature, or sometimes noise. They have to be removed from the exhibition hall. For this reason there is always an isolation area Which is hopefully quiet, in a room away from the main show.

In addition, the duty vet has to be available to assist judges and stewards. Sometimes these are simple questions regarding possibly pregnancy, or cats being entered into the wrong classes Because of Sex, Which has to be confirmed. On other occasions the duty vet may be called to give an opinion regarding possible hereditary or congenital problems such as kinked tails, etc. Incorrect bites. In addition the duty vet has to be a signatory to all forms issued during rejection in vetting.

Any cats that have to be rejected in oz has finished vetting are the sole responsibility of the duty vet Whose decision is final.

Compare this with a vet at a dog show.

How different this is from the duty vet at a dog show. As mentioned in the last room, a veterinary surgeon need not be present at a dog show provided there are less than 1000 entries and that arrangements have been made with a local veterinary practice that a veterinary surgeon will be on call if required. In the case of really large championship shows the veterinary surgeon is on site throughout the show and Particularly in the case of summer shows may be busy. Stress-related problems, often vomiting and occasionally diarrhea and heat exhaustion, are the usual problems. I never cease to be amazed at the number of canine exhibitors who will bring along other dogs and leave them in their cars, despite all the publicity that has occurred over the last few years regarding the dangers of dogs left in cars, even if the car is not in direct sunlight. Amazingly it still happens. In my experience, every so often a vehicle has to be broken into goal compared with veterinary duties at cat shows, the dog scene is altogether a more quiet and laid-back affair.

Unlike cat shows, however, since show dogs do come in contact with one another, both at the ringside and sometimes in the ring, occasionally the veterinary surgeon on call waiting has to bite injuries, hence the requirement to have a nearby practice we just call in case a major stitch-up job is necessary. Occasionally really stressful at shows (like Crufts!) Has torsion can occur and that really is an emergency.

phcl
phcl
champion
champion

Message par Invité Lun 11 Jan 2010 - 15:37

Cet article est interessant en effet mais reste sur la généralite ; il me semble que ce n'est pas exactement réponse à la question directe que Christelle vous a posé Peter
Qu'en est il de votre côté des vaccinations, des tests concernant le sida, la leucose etc...
Si vous préférez quelles sont les directives sur ce sujet que les éleveurs Mau Egyptien UK et/ou vous-même suivez serait plus précisément ce qui est demandé!

it is indeed a very interesting article as a general view Peter ,but it seems to me not quite answering the direct question asked by Christelle?
Qu'en est il de votre côté des vaccinations, des test concernant le sida, la leucose etc...
Could you lets us know more about your vaccinations procedure , aids tests , leucose (enzootic vac) etc…

In an other word what are the policies followed by say "the egyptian Mau Uk breeders or/and yourself" is more what Christelle is exactly asking for I think

Invité
Invité

Message par phcl Lun 11 Jan 2010 - 18:32

Hello Patrick,
Our Vet vaccinates our cats and kittens against Flue,Enteritts. Clamidia and leukemia.

This is what we do.I can not speak for other people.

Peter
phcl
phcl
champion
champion

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 2 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant